Twitter is one of the most popular and well-known social media platforms online and stands second place right after Facebook. It’s a micro blogging platform where people can update their personal blog, network and keep in touch with online friends.
Twitter is all about making “tweets” micro blog posts with no more than 140 characters. You can keep up with friends by sending direct messages or making @ mentions. The best part about Twitter is there is no limit to how many friends you can follow or how many can follow you back. Roughly 40% of people you follow will return the favor. As your following count grows you can offer and promote your services to people who might need it, best of all twitter provides you with a link on your profile back to your business home page making it a great source of easy traffic. To get started, follow the directions below.
1. Login to the Twitter homepage and click on the sign up for twitter button. Fill out the information needed in the box and get ready to start connecting.
2. Create a username and password. Find a unique username that best fits your needs. Depending on your business goals you can use a nice human name or use your Business Name. Twitter will then check if the name you want is available, if it is your ready to go to the next step.
3. Input your email address if asked and Twitter will check if any of your email contacts are already on Twitter. If yes you can send them a follow me notice and begin connecting.
4. Go and open your email account and find the email Twitter sent you open the email and verify your account.
5. That’s it! You are now ready to begin using Twitter.